Family Law Attorney
Positioning Kentucky And Tennessee Families For A Brighter Future
Some family law cases, such as adopting a new baby, are joyous affairs. Other cases, such as a highly contested divorce, are emotional minefields. In either situation, however, it is beneficial to have strong and understanding legal representation.
The law office of Michael J. Thompson, Attorney at Law, is here to provide the professional counsel and attentive advocacy you seek. Our family law lawyer serves Oak Grove and Fort Campbell clients in a variety of cases. Such cases include:
- Divorce and military divorce: We represent both men and women navigating the complexities of contested divorce. We also provide cost-effective assistance to those with straightforward, uncontested divorces.
- Property division: Fairly dividing marital assets and debts is a critical part of any divorce. We can help you create an equitable property division settlement agreement for personal property, military pensions and other assets.
- Child custody and visitation: We understand that nothing is more important than your relationships with your children. Count on our firm to do everything possible to ensure that those relationships are protected.
- Adoption: Our law firm guides stepparents, grandparents and other clients through the adoption process.
- Domestic violence: If convicted of domestic violence, you will no longer be allowed to carry a firearm. This means that if you are a military service member, you will be discharged because you can no longer carry a gun. We handle all types of cases involving domestic violence charges, orders of protection and emergency protective orders.
Free Consultation With Our Family Law Attorney
To schedule a free initial consultation about any family law matter in Tennessee or Kentucky, call Michael J. Thompson, Attorney at Law, at 270-605-0441. You are also welcome to contact our firm via email. We are conveniently located close to Fort Campbell military base.